Rabbit Rescue & Rehab/NYC House Rabbit Society
Rabbit Care Conference
WHEN: Sunday, October 28,2012, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
WHERE: Radisson Hotel
One Radisson Plaza, New Rochelle, NY
Hotel Phone: (914) 576-3700
PRE-REGISTRATION through10/20: $35 (includes local NYC HRS membership cost),
$10 each additional family member; SAME-DAY REGISTRATION: $45, ($10 /family member).
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY! SPACE IS LIMITED!
Featured Topic: STASIS 2012: Are we better off now than we were 4 years ago?
presentation by Jennifer Saver, DVM
• How can I tell if my bunny is in stasis?
• What do I do if I can't reach my vet?
• Have we made any progress in treating stasis?
• How can I help my bunny recover?
• Do we know any more about preventing stasis?
Safe Bunny Speed-Dating: A live demonstration of what we doand how we do it,
by RRR/HRS licensed educators
with vets and HRS educators, demos on temperature taking and nail cutting
goodies to buy for your bunny, proceeds support RRR/HRS
Lunch available for purchase on and off premises
PLEASE NOTE: No children under 13 will be admitted!
Please do not bring your rabbit!
Download PDF with pre-registration form and directions here
FROM NYC BY TRAIN:
– Metro North from Grand Central Station to New Rochelle (approximately 30 minutes.).
– At station, walk up the stairs and locate Huguenot St. (first corner), which is a one-way street.
– Walk along Huguenot AGAINST TRAFFIC, until you get to the Radisson (ten-story building on left
– 8-minute walk from station).
FROM NYC, LONG ISLAND OR POINTS SOUTH BY CAR:
– Take I-95 north to exit 16. (From Long Island, cross Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridge, and follow signs to I-95 North.) At Exit 16, keep left at the fork in the exit ramp.
– Make the first left onto Garden St., and go approximately 1/2 block.
– Make the first right onto Cross Westchester Ave/Cedar St., and go under the underpass.
– Get into one of the two left lanes as soon as you can, and proceed to the first light.
– Just beyond the light on your left you will see a small sign for the Radisson. Turn left at that sign and then turn right into the parking lot entrance. You will be at the rear of the hotel. Walk around to the main entrance.
FROM NORTHWEST WESTCHESTER AND CONNECTICUT:
– Take I-95 south to exit 16 IN WESTCHESTER (Note: NOT exit 16 in Norwalk, Connecticut!)
– As you leave the exit ramp you will drive into a traffic circle. Be sure to stay in the circle (bearing to your left); staying too far to the right will take you off the circle too soon.
– Go approximately halfway around the circle (following the signs to Cedar St.) til you come to a stop sign in the circle. From there bear right and go under the underpass.
– Get into one of the two left lanes as soon as you can, and proceed to the first light. Just beyond the light on your left you will see a small sign for the Radisson.
– Turn left at that sign and then turn right into the parking lot entrance.
– You will be at the rear of the hotel. Walk around to the main entrance.
FROM NEW JERSEY :
– From GW Bridge, proceed on I-95, and follow directions above: “FROM NYC (OR POINTS SOUTH) BY CAR”
– From Tappan Zee Bridge, proceed on 287 east, to 95 south; then follow directions above: “FROM NORTHWEST WESTCHESTER AND CONNECTICUT” For any further help with directions, please contact the Radisson at 914 - 576-3700
Rabbit Rescue & Rehab is a nonprofit rescue and education group.
We welcome your feedback and appreciate your donations. Please join today!
Home • Contact Us • Articles on Care and Behavior • Newsletters • Recommended Reading • Nail Trimming and Handling Video • HRS National Website • Rabbit-Savvy Vets • Adoptions • Placing Your Rabbit • Join • Donations • Online Rabbit Groups